HUDSON VALLEY FOIE GRAS STUFFING
by Chef Jenny Chamberlain
INGREDIENTS - Purchase Fresh Foie Gras Online
Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Deveined, cut in 3/4” cubes - 10 oz
Sauternes Wine, for marinating - 1/2 cup
Toasted Croissant, 1” cubes - 4 cups
Leeks, sliced - 1/2 cup
Garlic Cloves, sliced - 4 each
Butter, salted - 1 stick
Egg, each - 1 each
Cornish Game Hen - 2
1. Take out the primary veins of the liver using your finger or a paring knife. Cut in ¾” cubes and marinade with the sauternes wine.
2. Cut croissant into ¾” cubes and toast in a 375 degree oven until golden and dry, (5-10 minutes)
3. Sauté leeks and garlic in butter until soft. Season with Salt and pepper.
4. Remove liver from the sauternes. Add foie gras cubes, butter, leeks, garlic and egg into a mixing bowl equipped with the paddle attachment. Whip on med/high speed until creamed together.
5. Add toasted croissant to bowl and mix to incorporate.
6. Season Game hens with salt and pepper inside and out. Rub butter or duck fat on the outside of the skin. Stuff birds then truss for even cooking.
7. Roast in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes to oven sear skin. Lower heat to 375 and continue roasting for 30-40 minutes or until an internal temperature of 158 degrees. Allow to rest for a minimum of 10 minutes in order for juices to redistribute.